What is Local Listing Optimization?Local listing optimization is the process of using multiple channels, including directories, apps, and search engines to list your business, its description, and generate quality content that caters to the searches of the customers who are seeking your services. Customer reviews are also a big factor. If you’ve done all the work online, but then let the customer down when they show up at your doorstep, you’ll feel it. Like the old saying goes, “talk is cheap”.
Why LLO?Unless you’re selling Kryptonite, there’s a pretty good chance you’re not the only one in town. Think about how many banks, restaurants, dry cleaners, and electricians operate in your town. Everyone is clamoring for that special place atop the search rankings and if your site has been search engine optimized and your business has been local listing optimized, guess who’s going to get the most business? In the physical world, real estate prices can cost millions of dollars, depending on your tastes. Online, the true cost of the coveted spot on google’s first page takes hard work, knowledge, and content your audience enjoys once they reach your page.
Pros of Local Listing Optimization:
- Your results stand out on the results page.
- It’s easy to get most businesses on the first page quickly.
- You can show up on the first page, even if you don't have a website (Google Maps/Locations).
- You are able to add information and photos to your local profile that might help convince someone to click through to your site and call.
- Once you rank on the first page, you'll most likely stay there for years.
Cons of Local Listing Optimization:
- If you are in a saturated niche (Scott Insurance), it can be difficult to succeed.
- It's partially review driven, so you need to continually work to get reviews (good) from your customers.
- Google looks for other sites that have your contact info. The more the better.
- Unfortunately, if you move, you need to find ALL of the registered sites and update your info.
- In most cases, you need a physical office to rank well. Home based businesses are more challenging to rank.
How Do We Help Someone With LLO?We have tools that show us where your business is online. We can either give advice on how to do it yourself (it takes time) or we can do the local listing optimization for you. We can also help people clean up all the listings that have been automatically created. One of our clients had 15 different Yelp profiles for their 3 dental offices and 1 dentist. They had similar issues with Google. We worked with them to keep only the profiles they needed and got the rest removed or updated. It’s not just the things you do that impact your business. Other people can have adverse effects. Having a website/blog is the first step in your online presence. Making it visible is the most important step. Through proper search engine optimization, using keywords and applicable content, your site will begin to climb the rankings. Combining a local listing optimization campaign doubles those efforts and gets your name, your business and your product or service into the hands of anxious customers.
Trackback from your site.
Web Design and Internet Marketing have been passions of Austin’s for many years. While starting out by creating websites for himself, Austin ascertained many of the fundamentals and theory that constitute professional website development. Through networking and word-of-mouth, Austin soon began building and marketing websites for many different businesses and industries.